The application deadline is March 1 annually.
AMSRO Trailblazer Scholarship (formerly the AMSRO Diversity Scholarship): Eligible Applicants: Enrolled medical or premedical students who are interested in the fields of aviation medicine and/or space medicine are encouraged to apply if they 1) identify as underrepresented or underserved minorities in medicine and/or aerospace medicine and other aviation- and spaceflight-focused activities, and 2) possess unique qualities, experiences, and perspectives that will enhance the overall diversity of the field of aerospace medicine. This scholarship aims to engage medical students and premeds (undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, or masters students who intend to apply to medical school) in a highly-specialized branch of clinical practice and, in turn, recruit future subspecialists who may have experienced limited opportunities in space and flight medicine; therefore, special consideration may be given to nonmembers who are new to AsMA and AMSRO.
- AMSRO Trailblazer Scholarship Awardees Will Receive:
- $750.00 to be used toward an approved aerospace medicine event
- Waived 1-year student membership fee for the Aerospace Medical Association (AsMA)
- Waived student registration fee for the year’s AsMA Annual Scientific Meeting
- Waived 1-year membership fee for the Aerospace Medicine Student and Resident Organization (AMSRO)
- Tailored preprofessional mentorship through AMSRO